Should Abortion be legal in the USA?


I was going over my word and found this document from last semester from a government debate we had and I was placed on this topic and on the yes side (hints the name and everything else) but this is what I got as my part but I’m posting it to see you’re thoughts on it.


Should abortion be legal in the USA? Yes

Opening Statement
      My team members and I believe that abortion should be legal in the US because it’s a right to allow women to have the decision to do what they want with their own body. Having the choice on what happens to a women’s body can empower them in having a choice in the matter. By simply giving them the option, it gives women the ability to control their future. Although many frown upon the idea of getting an abortion there are many scenarios in which a women has the right to make that decision for herself. Legalizing abortion has a better outcome for a woman than getting it illegally done and having it be unsafe for her mentally and health wise. Being able to go to a doctor who knows what they are doing will be less life threatening. In the end it should be the women's final choice to do what she wants with her body. There shouldn’t be someone else deciding that big of a choice for her, if they truly don’t understand what women go through. Even if she were to go through with the pregnancy there are many factors where it can hurt her mental health and foster care aren’t always the best decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

is the sky real?

Big Question

Story draft